Eligibility and Membership
S.A.L. membership is open to males of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the U.S. military and were eligible for American Legion membership by honorably serving during these delimiting periods.
If an individual meets the eligibility requirements for both organizations, it is possible to belong to both, The American Legion and the Sons of The American Legion. Individuals who belong to both are known as dual members.
How much does it cost to belong to the Sons?
Our Squadron has established S.A.L. annual dues at $20.00. We have a slogan within the Sons which addresses the issue of dues: It's not the price you pay for membership... it's the price your forefathers paid to make you eligible!"
If applying for a first time membership, you must submit the following information. Membership applications are available at Post 39 or:
- Print and complete the Sons of the American Legion Membership Application
- Prepare an annual dues check for $20.00 payable to Sons of the American Legion Squadron 39.
- If your relative is currently on Active Duty, present their valid military identification card (Common Access Card) at the Post,
otherwise, provide a copy of your relatives DD 214 to ascertain membership eligibility. Please black-out the Social Security Number.
- Mail or deliver the application and dues to:
American Legion Eber Duclo Post 39
634 Manitou Ave
Manitou Springs, CO 80829
- If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be provided to you.